- 07 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Scheduling Your Campaign
- Updated on 07 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
This article will review the ins and outs of scheduling the messages in a campaign and the behavior of campaigns in the Scheduled status.
Scheduling Campaign Messages
Once you have completed the rest of the campaign setup flow, you will be taken to the schedule page. The messages on this page are displayed in the order you set them on the campaign creation step.
NOTE: Messages cannot be sent at the same time or overlap in their send windows. There is validation on the schedule page that prevents this. If you find yourself unable to schedule a specific message at a specific time or your options for selecting the time/date are limited, it likely overlaps with the send window of a previous or subsequent message.
- You will only be able to schedule first message in the campaign, so only that Schedule button will be activated. Select your time/date that you would like the first message to start sending. NOTE: This time/date selection indicates when this campaign message will start sending. Messages are not sent instantaneously, so depending on the number of contacts, it may take several minutes or longer to send out each message to the recipients. To learn more, read about our Rate Limiting and Sending Basics.
- Once your first message is scheduled, the button will change to Update which will allow you to adjust the scheduled time for that message, within the boundaries of the other send windows of the messages in the campaign.
- The following message in the campaign will be active for scheduling. You will not be able to select a time that overlaps with the previous message (or if updating the schedule, does not overlap with the next message in the campaign). The Schedule button will become activated, allowing you to pick the date/time.
- You can repeat this process for as many messages as you have in your campaign.
As soon as you have set the schedule for every message in your campaign, your campaign is all set and ready to be sent!
- Update or adjust the contacts
- Update the campaign messages