Enabling Mobile Push Notifications
One of the key benefits of using Textel's Progressive Web App is the ability to receive mobile push notifications on your phone for new messages.
In the Textel App
This step is required for any phone or browser being used. You have to enable browser notifications on your My Profile page within the Textel app.
- Open the Textel app on your phone
- Log in and navigate to your My Profile page
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings section and set Browser Notifications to enabled
Enabling Notifications on iPhones
If you have not enabled notifications in the Textel app itself, you will need to do that first before you can follow the rest of these steps.
1. Click into Settings
2. Open the Notifications section
3. Scroll down to find the Textel app
4. Open the notification settings for the app and adjust as you see fit. (Make sure the Notifications are allowed). NOTE: You may have to make a change to the notifications to force the settings to take hold.
Enabling Notifications on Androids
If you have not enabled notifications in the Textel app itself, you will need to do that first before you can follow the rest of these steps. These steps may vary by browser.
1. Find the Textel App on your Home Screen
2. Touch and hold the icon to bring up a pop up menu
3. Select App Info
4. Tap Notifications
5. Make sure Notifications, specifically the Browser Notifications are enabled.
6. Confirm that the notifications for app.textel.net are enabled
7. Make sure the notification dot for the browser is enabled.