Creating New Conversations
While most interactions with your customers are a response their incoming inquiries, our platform allows you to proactively reach out to your individual contacts. Users on the platform have the capability to create a brand new conversation with a contact or restart a closed conversation. This can be helpful if you need to do outreach to a specific customer.
In Textel, you have the ability to create a single conversation, multiple conversations at once, or a Reply-All Group Message. To access one of these options, simply click on the Create New button at the top right of the Conversations page.
Creating an Individual Conversation
A conversation is an exchange between your outbound line and a single contact / mobile number. After clicking on the Create New button, you will see a dropdown with multiple options. To initiate a single conversation, click "Conversation".
This will open up a new conversation panel where you will need to do a few things:
- Select the outbound line the messages will be sent out on to the contact. This dropdown will be populated by the active lines that you have setup within your account. It will also be limited based off of the user's access to lines.
- Select who you are sending the message to. You can start typing the contact's name or mobile number and we will begin auto-suggesting any matches in the system. If it is a brand new mobile number, you can simply type out the number and we will automatically create a new contact for you once a message is sent.
- Create the message in the send box that you want to send to the contact.
- When clicking the Send button, either a new conversation will be created OR if there is a pre-existing conversation with this outbound line and contact, it will reopen the conversation.
Creating a Multi-Recipient Message
There are some use cases where you need to send the same message to a collection of contacts, e.g. a stylist is sick and all of their customers need to be notified for the day's appointments. In this instance, you would select the "Multi-Recipient Message" option in the dropdown.
This will open up a new conversation panel where you will be able to:
- Select the outbound line the messages will sent out on. This dropdown will be populated by the active lines that you have setup within your account. It will also be limited based off of the user's access to lines.
- Select multiple recipients of the message. You can select up to 20 different contacts to send the same message to. This will create a conversation for each of the contacts selected.
- Create the message in the send box that you want to send to the contacts. They will all receive the same message.
- When clicking the Send button, an individual conversation will be created or reopened with each of the contacts selected.
Creating a Reply-All Group Message
Reply-All Group Messaging allows a user to create a conversation where the users and all mobile contacts added as recipients, can read and respond to each other in the same conversation thread. This allows everyone in the conversation to see each other's replies and respond back to the group.
Please refer to our Reply-All Group Messaging support document for more information.