- 17 Dec 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
Registering for 10DLC
- Updated on 17 Dec 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
Registering for 10DLC: The Basics
The Campaign Registry is the independent authority approved by the carriers to handle the registration process for 10DLC. The Campaign Registry (TCR) is working with various text carriers and partners to make registration available in multiple ways. If you are a Textel customer, you can visit our compliance website to submit your registration.
The registration process will ask for details about your business and brand as well as information about how you intend to use text messaging, these are called Campaign Use Cases. Lastly, you will be asked to supply some sample messages that your brand would send to customers using the 10DLC number(s).
Registering a brand is a one-time setup. In the top few sections of our sign up page, you will be asked for information about your business. Please make sure this is accurate and absent of misspellings.
- Legal Business Name
- Doing Business As Name
- If you are Sole Proprietor, select NO for this field and do not provide your Social Security Number.
- Business Industry and Type
- Stock Symbol
- Business Website
- Primary Contact Details
Campaign Use Cases
The Sole Proprietor type is available for customers who don't have an EIN number. It has the lowest throughput and the lowest cost. These customers are limited to 1,000 messages a day to T-Mobile.
Standard Use Cases
The vast majority of Textel clients typically only fall into 3 standard campaign use cases. To avoid confusion, we have limited our registration site to highlight those four.
- Customer Care: Customer interactions, including account management and customer support.
- Marketing: Communications that include marketing or promotional content (ex: sale notifications, discount codes, etc).
- Higher Educations: Messaging on behalf of colleges or Universities as well as School Districts and education institutions. This use case is not for the "free to the consumer" messaging model.
Please note, if you select more than one of these use cases, your campaign choice will be registered as "Mixed".
Other Standard Use Cases:
- 2FA: Any one time use passcode, authentication, or verification.
- Account Notifications: Standard notifications for account holders.
- Delivery Notifications: Status of delivery of a product or service.
- Fraud Alert Messaging: Notifications about potential fraudulent activity on a user's account.
- Low Volume Mixed: Brands that have multiple use cases but only need very low messaging throughput (ex: test or demo accounts, small businesses).
- Mixed: Any messaging campaign containing 2 to 5 standard use cases.
- Polling and Voting: The sending of surveys and polling/voting campaigns in non political arenas.
- Public Service Announcement: Informational messaging to raise an audience's awareness about important issues.
- Security Alert: Notification that the security of a system, either software or hardware, has been compromised and an action is needed.
Specialty Use Cases
For the select Textel clients that require a specialty use case, it falls under "Charity". Specialty use cases require additional approvals and/or steps. The approval is not instant and may take additional time.
- Charity: Communications aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need. This includes 501(c)(3) charities, but doesn't include religious organizations.
- Conversational: Peer-to-peer app-based group messaging with pooled/proxy numbers. Supports personalized services and non-exposure of personal numbers for enterprise of A2P communications. When submitting, please describe your use case thoroughly to allow for the carriers to review as required.
- Sweepstakes: Gambling and sweepstakes messaging.
- Group messaging: Peer-to-peer group messaging and/or supporting personalized services with non-exposure of personnel numbers for enterprise.
- Emergency services: Public Safety notifications designed to support public safety/health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics, and other national or regional emergencies.
- Insurance agents, franchises, local branches: All franchises/agents of the same Brand. Only 1 TN per franchise/agent with a minimum of 10 agents and a maximum of 5000. No marketing/promotional messaging is allowed. Please provide use case details when submitting, and allow time for carrier approval.
- Large CSP free trial: Strictly controlled category for pre-approved Campaign Services Providers (CSPs). Must show spam mitigation controls and controlled onboarding of developers. Will have low throughput. Requirements are currently being finalized.
- Political messaging: Part of organized effort to influence decision making of a specific group. All Campaigns must be verified. More details to come!
- Social engagement: Communication between public figures/influencers and their communities. Restricted and upon business case review. Strictly limited.
Once Your Registration is Submitted
Once you have submitted your registration to Textel, we will work with our carrier partners to complete the registration process with TCR. This may take a couple of days, depending on volume and approval times. We have been assured by our carrier partners that any submission provided before September 30, 2021 will be submitted before the deadline. As soon as the brand and campaigns are approved any 10DLC phone lines in use will need to be associated to the approved campaign use case. This is applicable to existing and any new line additions.
If you choose not to register, your text message traffic may be throttled, subject to additional charges, or even blocked.