- 08 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 08 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
If you are setup as an Admin on your account, you will have the ability to invite additional users to the platform.
There are a variety of benefits to ensuring each team member has their own user account.
- For security purposes, it eliminates shared log in credentials.
- It provides visibility into messages sent by specific users to customers.
- If you are using multiple lines within your account, you can assign specific users to specific lines to divide responsibility.
For more information on managing users in your account, refer to the Managing Users article.
Inviting a New User
- Click on the Account menu in the top right corner and select "User Management" from the list.
- Once on this page, you will see a list of any users who have already been invited and some associated details.
- Click on the "Invite Users" button in the top right corner of the page.
- This will open a modal that will allow you to add one or more email addresses to invite to the platform. NOTE: To invite multiple, simply paste from excel or add an email address and hit return to go to a new line to add another email address
- Select the role that this new user will be granted once they accept the invitation.
- Select the products that the user will have access to upon sign up and login. NOTE: The list of available products will be limited to what is enabled on the account as a whole.
- Click the Invite button to complete the invitation process and send out emails.
Accepting the Invite
Once the invites are sent out, each user will receive an invitation email to the email address provided. Each email will contain a link that is specific to only that user. It cannot be shared or used more than once. The invitation link will be live for 24 hours until it expires. Until a user accepts an invitation, they will be in a "Pending" status on the User Management page.
NOTE: If a user does not accept their invitation within the 24 hour window, the best course of action is to delete the pending user from the User Management page and resend the invitation.
The email will route the user to a sign up page where they can provide additional information for their account and set their password. After filling out the sign up form, the user will be able to login.
Resending an Invitation
There are some instances in which you may need to resend an invite for a user. Only admins have the capability to do this. When on the User Management page, there will be a "Reinvite" button next to any user who is pending, who has already received an invite.
Simply click the Reinvite button to send a new invitation to the user. Please note: this will invalidate any previous invitation tokens sent.